Course start date
Course Code: YE301B. Before booking on this course, please arrange a chat with our team to check that this course is the right level for you.
This course is delivered online (via Zoom). You will be taught in a deaf-only group with a tutor who is fluent in British Sign Language.
This is a live online course.
You will need:
– Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
– A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don’t have a computer.
Your tutor will decide from a range of topics and ask you what topics you want to cover. In this past, these have included British values and law, the environment, news, Black history, and well-being.
These topics will be used to help you with specific areas of English, including:
• writing compound sentences
• combing sentences into paragraphs
• writing whole texts including letters and emails
• planning and drafting your writing
• using a range of adjectives effectively
• using punctuation to clarify meaning
• checking your writing for errors
• reading for details
• reading for general gist
• expressing your opinion with reason
• expressing feelings and thoughts.
- Course Start Date
- Monday 12 April 2021
- Course Duration
- 18 sessions (over 11 weeks)
- Course Cost
- Course Location
- Course Venue Address
- We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts. WC2B 4BA
- Course Contact Details
- firstname.lastname@example.org; phone (sms): 07307 810118; phone (voice): 02074922511.