Course start date
Find out about the skills involved in lipreading and build your confidence in understanding conversations. Suitable if you have little or no experience of lipreading.
This course will be delivered online.
You will need:
– Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
– A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don’t have a computer. The classes work best using a desktop device. You can access the class using a tablet or phone but the screen size will limit your ability to lipread.
Please bring a pen and notebook to the session.
What will we cover?
– learn which sounds can be seen, which look alike and why.
– develop an awareness of other skills used to lipread:
memory, concentration, observation, awareness of rhythm, situation, context, facial expression and body language.
This course will also give you strategies to manage situations that can be difficult with hearing loss as well as provide information on services and equipment that could helpful.
- Course Start Date
- Tuesday 19 January 2021
- Course Duration
- 8 sessions (over 9 weeks) Other start dates in the year available.
- Course Cost
- £139.00 or Concession:£61.00
- Course Location
- Course Venue Address
- We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
- Course Contact Details
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call to enrol: 020 7831 7831