Event start date
A Meeting Place is a collaborative performance project between The Fourth Choir and an ensemble of Deaf professional musicians and performers, led by Dr Paul Whittaker OBE.
The concert aims to takes a step beyond interpretation and create a fully bilingual and bicultural programme that deeply explores how to marry sung and signed performance and create a musical “meeting place” between the Deaf and hearing world.
We will premiere an innovative new choral commission by Kate Whitley, that uses an original British Sign Language poem by DL Williams as its source text.
With stunning a cappella music spanning over 450 years sung in the Guildhall School’s state of the art chamber music venue, this will be a voyage of discovery with something new for everyone.
- Event Organiser/Organisation
- The Fourth Choir / Paul Whittaker
- Start Date/Time
- Saturday 30 October 2021 at 19:30
- End Date/Time
- Saturday 30 October 2021 at 21:30
- Venue Address
- Milton Court Concert Hall, Silk St, London EC2Y 9BH
- Event Website
- Booking Instructions
- Book tickets on the Barbican website BSL users can book reserved discount tickets for £10 - select the green seats on the booking page. Members of the Barbican's access scheme can also book discounted tickets through their scheme membership.