British Sign Language Interpreted Film and TV Location Tour
A British Sign Language Interpreted Tour for D/deaf, deafened and hard of hearing visitors.
(Previous bookers please read note below about free bookings*)
Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of ‘the most popular filming location in the world’ (Empire magazine), a 1-hour long tour delivered by one of our expert tour guides with British Sign Language interpretation provided by Stephen Hudson.
From a starring role as Buckingham Palace in The Crown to 19th century revolutionary Paris in Les Misérables, the Old Royal Naval College has provided the setting for some of the most memorable scenes in major film and TV productions. On this tour you will be guided through over 60 years of filming both on our iconic riverside grounds and inside the magnificent Painted Hall.
Tour highlights include:
– Spot the locations being used in place of Buckingham Palace’s courtyard in The Crown (2016-2019)
– Inside the Painted Hall, see where Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman waltzed the night away in Indiscreet (1958)
– Walk in the footsteps of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady (2011) and Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides (2011)
– View the Painted Hall backdrop for a scene in The Madness of King George (1994) cleverly chosen for its paintings depicting George I, the great grandfather of King George III.
– Visit Lower Grand Square which hosted a crashed spacecraft in a climactic battle scene in Thor: The Dark World (2013)
– In the Chapel, view the wedding venue of Rowan Atkinson’s famous performance in Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
Tours are limited to 16 people per tour.
Tours last 60 minutes and include entry into the Painted Hall and Victorian Skittle Alley.
Image courtesy of Stepping Through Film
*If you have a valid 12-month Adult (disabled access) ticket to the Painted Hall or previously attended Access Tour since March 2019 then check your e-ticket or confirmation email for the discount code to book your next Access Tours for free. We cannot refund tickets that have already been paid for, so if you can’t find your discount code then email your details of your previous booking to email@example.com.
- Event Organiser/Organisation
- Old Royal Naval College
- Start Date/Time
- 22 Feb 2020 at 11:30
- End Date/Time
- 22 Feb 2020 at 12:30
- Venue Address
- Visitor Centre, Old Royal Naval College, King William Walk, Greenwich SE19 9NN
- Event Website
- Booking Instructions
- Book your ticket here (£5): https://ornc.digitickets.co.uk/event-tickets/26884?catID=23080
Filed in: Uncategorized | No Comments
Previous event: Deaf Unity Cafe
Next event: BSL tour of Monochromatic Minds