Event start date
We are pleased to announce that applications for Discover UCL 2021 are now open!
The Discover UCL Online Summer School is an exciting opportunity exclusively for D/deaf and Hard of Hearing students in Year 11 and Year 12, which will take place from Tuesday 3rd August to Friday 6th August.
The summer school will consist of a variety of advice and guidance sessions that will help to prepare students for applying to university, writing a personal statement and navigating the UCAS process. Students will also get the chance to learn like a university student, be challenged academically as well as get help to identify the support available at university for D/deaf and Hard of Hearing students. There will also be the opportunity to meet current university students who are D/deaf and Hard of Hearing. More information can be found on our website.
The summer school is free to attend and is online, so students can participate from wherever they are. UCL will provide BSL interpreters and speech-to-text reporting during the summer school.
Interested students should submit an application via our website by 11:59pm on Thursday 25th June.
For any questions or queries, please contact Nicola Runciman (Access Officer) on email@example.com
- Event Organiser/Organisation
- University College London and DCAL ( the Deafness, Cognition and Language Research Centre)
- Start Date/Time
- Tuesday 03 August 2021 at 09:00
- End Date/Time
- Friday 06 August 2021 at 17:00
- Venue Address
- Online (hosted by University College London)
- Event Website
- Booking Instructions
- The application form and further information can be found on our website: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/widening-participation/learners/secondary/discover-ucl-online-summer-school-ddeaf-and-hard-hearing-students Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or questions.