Event start date
A new work for a new performance world.
Based on Christie Watson’s bestselling memoir of her twenty years as a nurse, The Language of Kindness is an ensemble-style piece of theatre: a joy- filled celebration of nurses and front-line healthcare workers which will resonate with audiences everywhere following the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Language of Kindness brings to life the realities, the challenges, heartbreaks and incomparable joys of working for the NHS and supporting families as they face their best and worst moments.
A socially distanced production about the tactile work of nurses where the company never touch.
Wednesday 9 June: BSL interpreted performance with interpreter Jacqui Beckford, who we are delighted to welcome back, after working with her on These Rooms (2018) and The Big Pink Vogue Ball (2019)
“It made me cry. It made me think. It made me laugh. It encouraged me to appreciate this most underappreciated of professions more than ever” – Adam Kay, author of This is Going to Hurt (on The Language of Kindness: A Nurse’s Story)
- Event Organiser/Organisation
- Shoreditch Town Hall
- Start Date/Time
- Thursday 03 June 2021 at 19:30
- End Date/Time
- Saturday 12 June 2021 at 21:30
- Venue Address
- Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT EC1V 9LT
- Event Website
- Booking Instructions
- Wednesday 9 June: BSL interpreted performance with interpreter Jacqui Beckford. Tickets must be used by one household or support bubble only, with a maximum of 6 people. Due to socially distanced seating, you will be allocated a section of the auditorium based on your group size closer to the time of the performance. The Town Hall reserves the right to move your tickets to an alternative area in order to ensure social distancing. We will be taking extra precautions for the safety of everyone in the building. Whilst at the Town Hall you must abide by all Covid-19 Safety Measures in place, which you can find on our website. If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 02077396176.