British Sign Language support worker
We have an exciting new opportunity after receiving a referral for a new client who is hard of hearing.
Edgeview Homes is a leading care provider in the West Midlands, Staffordshire and Worcestershire. We do not have a website, because we have a proven record of providing excellent care for our clients and therefore receive each and every referral based on our reputation alone. We are a growing modern care business and we need likeminded individuals to join our excellent team.
We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated, hardworking and with excellent empathy to join our team to provide a service to clients with learning disabilities, enduring mental health and behaviours that challenge, you will provide professional care and support to individuals using a holistic approach.
The role of BSL Support Worker at our Wolverhampton unit might be of interest to any individuals that are looking for a new challenge in a newly created role and also hold the relevant qualification and experience.
Potential candidates will be required to hold the below relevant skills and experience to be able to provide the required support and care for a prospective new client;
- Level 2 in British Sign Language
- QCF 2 in Health and Social Care would be desirable
- QCF 3 in Health and Social Care or willing to work towards
- Previous experience working with clients who have mental health & learning
disabilities would be an advantage
- The hours of work will be full-time on a rota basis
Salary will range from £9.50 p/h to £10 p/h dependent on skills and experience. Should you wish to express your interest in the role then please can I ask that you put this in writing and attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
Benefits of being employed with us include:
- Meal allowance in the community or lunch and/or dinner being provided free
dependent upon what shift you are working;
- Pension scheme;
- All necessary mandatory training provided;
- A friendly and helpful team;
- Covid-19 safe CQC inspected and passed working environment;
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Edge View Homes Limited
- Start Date
- Job type
- Vacancy Reference
- BSL SW
- Contact Details
- Please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Krishana Devi
- Added to site
- Monday 05 October 2020
Previous job: Community Mental Health Nurse
Next job: Primary Teacher of the Deaf