Ealing is a vibrant West London borough, with excellent transport links and home to 5 Crossrail stations. Ealing has a high rate of permanent staff, offers a wide range of training opportunities and a Career Progression scheme to promote and support staff development.
Working under Ealing Council and the Ealing’s Service for Children with Additional Needs (ESCAN), this role is to provide BSL interpretation of highest quality for a Deaf Social Worker within the department.
- A qualified (BSL Level 6) and NRCPD registered British Sign Language interpreter
- An ambitious worker with skills and experiences in social care settings
- Committed to making a visible difference to the lives of Ealing children and their families
- To undertake interpreting assignments with the Deaf social worker
- To deliver high quality BSL/English interpreting services to Deaf social worker
- To maintain CPD
- To abide by NRCPD code of conduct
- To work well within the team
What can Ealing offer you?
- Excellent pension schemes
- CPD training
Ealing council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.
- London Borough of Ealing
- London - Ealing
- Start Date
- September 2020
- Job type
- Vacancy Reference
- Contact Details
- Apply online via: https://www.ealing.gov.uk/homepage/28/jobs
- Added to site
- Jul 7th, 2020
Previous job: Funding Bid Writer – Full-time
Next job: Agent For Change