Fixed Term Contract – until 1.4.2024 (with possible extension or the opportunity to apply for a permanent position if available)
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary approx. £22,000 depending on experience
The successful applicant will work with RAD’s DeafAdvance team to deliver one to one support, group/peer activities, remote sessions and community based services to deaf people in their first and/or preferred language. As part of our employment service, you will deliver employability support and undertake employer engagement activity, identifying opportunities for deaf people in the community including for training, achieving job outcomes and resolving workplace issues.
This role will be home based with some community based work. You will be required to travel to meetings if requested. To apply for this role you must be a native user of BSL (British Sign Language) or minimum Level 3.
This role will be on a fixed term contract for three years with life assurance benefit and generous pension contributions. Your work will make a positive difference to the lives of deaf people.
Essential requirements include:
- Willing to attend any training as appropriate to the post
- Experience of working with deaf people or within the deaf community
- Understanding of deaf awareness and of deaf culture
- Experience and understanding of the barriers and challenges faced by deaf people
- Experience of working towards outcomes/target related activity and an understanding of associated paperwork
- Experience of delivery employment services, employability support or training
- IT skills and understanding of Microsoft software packages; specifically Outlook and the ability to record information accurately on a service database system
- Effective communication skills, good organisational skills and the ability to use resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently, using own initiative and as part of a team
- Interest in working with Deaf older people, people with learning disabilities or mental health challenges in a non-judgemental approach
- Able to develop productive relationships with your team, colleagues, management, clients, external partners and other key stakeholders
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately in difficult situations (in line with training and policies/procedures)
- A belief in continuous improvement, receptive to change and willing to learn with a positive attitude towards work, colleagues and the organisations vision
- Flexible approach to working including evenings, weekends and bank holidays if required
- Must be a car owner/driver
Please feel free to complete your supporting statement by sending in a video clip in BSL although this is not an essential requirement.
In addition to the application, please send us a video clip of yourself telling us a little bit about you and why you want to work for RAD (no more than 2 minutes) – this gives us the opportunity to visually see your signing skills and bring your application to life.
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2021
Interview date: 6 May 2021 (via Zoom)
- Mid/North East region
- Start Date
- May 2021
- Job type
- Contact Details
- For further information, to view the job description, person specification and to download an application pack, please follow the link; https://www.royaldeaf.org.uk/about-us/work-for-us/current-jobs/.
- Added to site