£20,540 pro-rata per annum (paypoint 23A) ( Fixed-term until Aug 2022)
22,5 hours per week (Monday – Tuesday-Friday)
Do you have good BSL and digital technology skills and a passion to work with individuals who have a hearing loss?
We are seeking an Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Officer to join our team in Cumbria to provide technologically advanced city-wide Information, Advice and Support services to empower our citizens with hearing loss and may have additional disabilities to reduce social isolation, gain independence and be able to fully participate in their communities.
In this varied role you will be the dedicated point of contact for the service providing:
- High-quality accessible Information, Advice and Support in a range of areas such as wellbeing, emotional support, employment preparation, digital skills, support to access community assets, benefits and debt advice as well as working in partnership with other stakeholders to ensure the citizens needs are met.
- Managing your own caseload
- Undertaking citizen contact assessment, assessment reviews, risk assessments and case notes
- Monitor and review open cases
- Supporting the wider organisation by promoting the service via Social Media, open days, presentations and other community-based events.
What do you need to be successful for this role? Your will need to be an empathetic individual who is citizen focussed, has a good understanding of a range of disabilities, has experience of working with people who have a sensory loss and good BSL signing skills (to a Level 2 standard).
The candidate will need a good working knowledge of technology including online platforms such as Zoom, Skype and Social Media, and ideally hold a relevant qualification e.g IAG NVQ Level 2. You will have excellent communications skills, able to undertake risk assessments and contact assessments, be able to use your own initiative as well as work effectively within a team.
What do we offer you in return? In return we offer generous annual leave entitlement, Employee Assistance Program, Health Cash Plan, Occupational Sick Pay scheme and a flexible TOIL scheme. We invest generously in training and development programmes, providing sponsorship to pursue formal professional qualifications and the opportunity to learn and develop sign language skills
- BID Services
- Start Date
- Job type
- Contact Details
- Added to site