Hours: 33.5 per week (Term Time only)
Start date: September 2021
Actual Salary: £13,785.00-£15,778.00 based on a full time equivalent of £17,845.00-£20,425.00
We are committed to enabling all our students to excel educationally, come and help us achieve it.
The Deaf Academy provides specialist education and care tailored to the individual needs of Deaf young people. The sense of belonging to an inspiring bilingual community can transform students as they develop language skills and journey towards independence and fulfilling their potential.
In last year, the Academy relocated to a brand-new purpose-built facility in Exmouth. This new world-class education and residential care facility will change the lives of our young people.
Required for September 2021, we are looking to recruit Learning Leaders (Teaching Assistants) to provide specialist support and/or interventions with our students in academic subjects, addressing the needs of students who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning and behaviour. Our Learning Leaders play a key role in supporting students to access learning both in the classroom and in the community.
We are very keen to hear from potential Learning Leaders, with experience of mainstream or the SEN sector. A qualification in British Sign Language (BSL) is not an essential requirement to work at the Academy, as training up to BSL 3 will be provided. However, this would be an advantage.
The Academy is a friendly community with a strong team working ethic, with a shared desire to achieve the best possible outcomes for our young people. We are committed to staff professional development and invest heavily in ensuring everyone has the support required to be able to carry out their role to a high standard.
What we will offer:
- A highly competitive salary.
- A CPD program geared to your specific training needs.
- Group Personal Pension including 8% employer contribution.
- Life Assurance scheme.
- Free on-site parking.
- Long-term career development within a forward thinking and innovative organisation.
- The opportunity to join a committed team of professionals working together to secure high achievement for all our students.
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting new development.
- Supporting students to access learning, including within work experience placements.
- Working with students individually and in small groups, as directed by the teacher.
- Monitor student’s participation and progress, providing feedback to teachers and giving constructive support to students as they learn.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with students to support their learning.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young adults responsible for (or come into contact with) in accordance with the Academy’s Safeguarding Policy & Procedures.
- Experience of working with children and young people.
- Excellent team working skills whilst showing initiative.
- Ability to relate well to students and colleagues.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the Academy.
- The dedication to promote and safeguard the welfare of our young people
To find out more information about this exciting opportunity and to obtain an application pack, get in touch.
* Higher starting salary offered to those with MSI qualifications*
Closing date for applications: 13 July 2021 at 12pm
Interview date: 19 and 20 July 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adult,; as such an enhanced DBS check is required.
The Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its students and staff.
- the Deaf Academy
- Exmouth, Devon
- Start Date
- September 2021
- Job type
- Contact Details
- Added to site