National Disability Referee Officer (Consultancy Position)
- Our Organisation
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.The Role
The National Disability Referee Officer will ensure that there are sufficient numbers of suitable quality match officials to service the National Blind and Partially Sighted Football Leagues as well as any blind or partially sighted talent and elite pathway matches or events as required by the FA. They will also act as a point of contact for the Referees’ Co-ordinators of the National CP, Amputee and Powerchair Leagues.Key Accountabilites
Blind and Partially Sighted Football
What we are looking for
- To appoint the required number of suitable quality match officials to all Blind and Partially Sighted National League matches.
- To establish and oversee a process of ensuring that the performance of match officials is consistently appropriate.
- To help develop match officials through providing mentoring support and in-service training.
- To attend National Blind and Partially Sighted League matches
- To attend international tournaments and matches held in England in the role of Referee Coordinator
- To recommend suitable quality referees for appointment to international tournaments and matches
- To maintain regular contact with the IBSA Football Sub Committee Referee Coordinator
- To appoint suitable quality referees to the FA Disability Cup Finals
- To ensure that budget is allocated appropriately
- To attend meetings (either face to face or via WebEx) as reasonably requested by the National Referee Manager and the National Participation Manager (Disability)
- Current or former referee of disability football
- Experience of delivering referee training
- Well-developed mentoring and/or coaching skills
- Thorough understanding of the disability football landscape
What we can offer you
- FA licensed referee tutor
- An exciting and challenging opportunity within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
Please send your CV and a covering letter (maximum one page of A4) to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 12th August.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
- The FA
- Home based
- Start Date
- Sept 2019
- Job type
- Vacancy Reference
- Contact Details
- Added to site
- Aug 6th, 2019
Previous job: Communication Support Worker – BSL Trained
Next job: day centre manager