Senior Communicator and Allocation Officer
To work as part of the Disability Team organising and providing access to the College curriculum for deaf, visual impaired, learning difficulties and disability students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare weekly timetables to support staff
- To assist the Disability Support Team Co-ordinator with collating and maintaining data and carrying our quality assurance activities.
- To provide in-class support to deaf students by using BSL; SSE; Lip-speaking; voice-over, note-take and provide language modification.
- To work as part of a team and liaise with relevant others.
- To take part in any College training as required.
- To fulfil administrative duties appropriate to the task.
- To assist in the preparation of learning areas by organising equipment and materials when required.
- Issue consumables and resources in accordance with department needs.
- Install and maintain equipment as necessary and refer for repairs needed.
- Conform at all times to the College Health & Safety policy and Codes of Practice.
- To ensure students have full access to equipment and access to curriculum and college information.
The following qualities are all deemed essential to the requirements of the post. The College will, therefore, be seeking evidence of these in the selection process, which will include application form, an assessment centre, interview(s) and references.
The College is seeking to appoint highly skilled, dynamic, flexible and committed people with the potential to help us realise our mission and strategic objectives. The appointing panel will, therefore, require sufficient evidence of ability and achievement in each of the following areas in order to make an appointment.
- Level 3 NVQ Certificate in British Sign Language skills or level 6
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Excellent I.C.T. skills including Excel
- The Education of Deaf people
- Good note-taking skills
- Understanding and commitment to the promotion of Equal Opportunities
- Work with minimum supervision
- Relate to both students and staff
- Good organisation
- To learn and develop practical knowledge on Visual Impairment and Deaf equipment/resources.
- Enhanced Disbarring & Disclosure Service Cleared
- Satisfactory pre-employment clearance – (Occupational Health Clearance, minimum of two employers’ references)
- A good understanding and strong commitment to the principles underpinning the College’s mission and strategic objectives, including equal opportunities.
- Newham College London
- East Ham
- Start Date
- Job type
- Vacancy Reference
- Contact Details
- Added to site
- May 14th, 2019
Previous job: Housing Support Worker (Bank)
Next job: Care Support Worker