Salary: Grade 4 £14,990 to £16,550 per annum pro rota (FTE £21,589 to £23,836)
Hours: 30 hours per week 39 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2020
At Swanwick Hall School our priorities are simple- to enhance the life chances of the wonderful young people that attend our school. Swanwick Hall places a high value on all employees and we are committed to delivering high quality professional development, first class working conditions and a safe and stimulating environment.
A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a pro-active, organised and self-motivated applicant to join a successful secondary school to provide teaching and learning support to a new student in our incoming Year 7 cohort in September. The role will require you to provide support to a deaf student through high quality British Sign Language so that they can fully access classroom learning. Other requirements of the role are listed below:
- Recent experience supporting deaf pupils with their studies in education and an understanding of the different needs of deaf learners.
- Confident communication and IT skills are important although training in new software programmes will be provided.
- A proven track record of supporting and promoting pupil independence.
- A good knowledge of the needs of secondary school students, with some knowledge of SEN, and high expectations of all our children regardless of need.
The successful candidates will be someone who has a passion for working with deaf children and championing their education and wellbeing and can demonstrate flexibility in their approach, excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to team working. We are also looking for someone who can demonstrate Enthusiasm, commitment and resilience.
Any interested parties are welcome to speak to the SENCO, Louise Gregory to discuss the post.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 15 July 2020 at 10.00am
Interviews will be held on: Friday 17 July 2020
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Two Counties Trust
- Start Date
- Start date: September 2020
- Job type
- Contact Details
- Url: https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/teaching-assistant-derbyshire-1343815
- Added to site
- Jul 13th, 2020
Previous job: Agent For Change
Next job: Care Support Worker