To work closely with the Coordinator in supporting our customers to maintain an independent lifestyle, to widen the areas of experience, by enabling them to make meaningful choices, reducing isolation and improving access to information, communication and mobility and provide support in all aspects of daily living with high quality communication support service, putting the customer at the heart of what we do at all times.
Salary(per hour): BSL Level 2 £9.74 / BSL Level 1 £9.23
- QCF Level 2 Health & Social Care (or a willing to obtain)
- BSL (British Sign Language) Level 1 or above (or willing to obtain)
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Experience of delivering personalised support to people who have a disability in a social care setting and an understanding of the barriers faced by disabled people in their day-to-day lives.
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Experience or ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues and external bodies.
- Experience of managing risk and making good decisions.
- IT Skills – Experience of working with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Highly motivated, proactive, energetic and enthusiastic, a people person whose passion and beliefs inspire others.
- Be self-motivated and able to work alone most of the time
- Excellent written communication skills: able to produce clear, concise written reports and material.
- Open communication style that’s two way and engaging.
- Ability to work, days and hours as the needs of the service require (this may include occasional evening/weekends).
- Willingness and commitment to participate in personal development through attendance at meetings, personal supervision and staff training, either regionally or nationally.
- Willingness to work flexible duties as per the rota to meet Customer and service needs.
- Essential car driver – A full driving licence and own transport are essential for the successful post holder to be able to undertake independent travel to carry out the role. Alternative arrangements and/or reasonable adjustments can be considered for candidates who are disabled.
- Deafblind UK
- West Midlands/ Staffordshire
- Start Date
- May 2021
- Job type
- Vacancy Reference
- Contact Details
- linda Hindley via email email@example.com
- Added to site