Our Introduction to British Sign Language (BSL) is the perfect first step on your British Sign Language BSL journey.
The Introduction to British Sign Language course is designed for individuals who want to gain a foundation in BSL and learn about the deaf community. This is ideal for anyone who is curious to learn, as well as those who have a family member, student, colleague or customer who is deaf.
Our Introduction to BSL course is 10 weeks in length. Perfect for those who want to take their first steps to learning BSL without committing to a long term course. This course gives you a great foundation to move onto Level 1, as its content is modelled on Unit 101 of the Signature Level 1 specifications.
We are running two courses. Face to face & Online starting January 2023.
- Start Date: September 2023
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Day/Time: Mondays 6.00pm – 7.30pm
- Cost Individuals:£150 (Early Bird Discount before 14 July 2023 £100 )
- Cost Organisations: £200
- Entry Requirements: None
- Application Deadline: 31 August 2023
If you have a group of friends or family who want your own course or are part of a sign language society at university or school, get in touch to find out more about special courses.
Are you looking for Charity, Corporate or Special Rates?
We have provided BSL training to many organisations, like the London Legacy Development Corporation, Global Disability Innovation Hub, Scope and Sense. We offer competitive rates and can tailor the content and length of the course to your needs. We also offer additional Deaf Awareness sessions for special rates to create a rounded training package.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Recognise and understand simple signs and short phrases in British Sign Language
- Take part in simple and every day conversation
- Use fingerspelling
- Ask questions and give answers
- Recognise signs and repeat back (using both signs and fingerspelling) to show understanding