Introduction to British Sign Language
Our Introduction to British Sign Language (BSL) is your first step on your BSL journey.
This Introduction course for BSL is designed for individuals who want to broaden their knowledge, as well as organisations and companies who want to become more inclusive for customers and staff.
Our Introduction course ranges from 5 – 10 weeks, depending on your wishes.
Duration: 5 – 10 weeks
Class size: During the pandemic, all classes are on Zoom. We will restrict the class size to ensure a quality teaching and learning experience. If you have many people who would like to do the course, we will split the group into smaller classes. On Zoom, classes will be limited to around 8 people. Face to face, this increases to 15.
Cost: £100 per person
Starting: January 2021 & March 2021 – now taking bookings.
Corporate & Charity bookings: we offer Corporate and Charity rates for block bookings. We can arrange dates and times that suit you. We can also offer an additional session to cover Deaf Awareness for a special bolt-on cost.
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Recognise and understand simple signs and short phrases in British Sign Language
- Take part in simple and every day conversation
- Able to use fingerspelling
- Able to asking questions and giving answers
- Recognise signs and repeat back (using both signs and fingerspelling) to show understanding